Solid Oak Flooring
Solid oak flooring is a very popular choice of hardwood floor. It has a classic and timeless appeal which exudes character and depth. Oak is a strong and durable flooring material so is ideal for any room in your home, whether it be a quiet study or a busy hallway. We have over 20 different styles of solid Oak flooring, including darker Oak, light coloured Oak and the beautiful parquet block flooring. There is sure to be something to catch your eye.
Solid Oak flooring is made from a solid piece of Oak. The Oak is cut, machined, and sanded into the planks of flooring. It is then either finished with layers of oil or lacquer or left in its raw state for an unfinished floor. Solid Oak flooring usually has a tongue and groove fitting profile, and the planks can be found in various widths to suit your requirements.
If you would like to know more about solid wood flooring, have a look at our article: What is Solid Wood Flooring?
Why should I choose solid Oak flooring?
Solid Oak flooring is extremely popular and can be a great investment for any property owner. Not only are you getting a truly natural floor covering, but it is also easy to clean and maintain, available in different colour tones, and can last a lifetime if looked after properly.
When choosing your solid Oak flooring you will need to decide whether to have a pre-finished floor or an unfinished floor. Both have benefits, but to find out more have a look at the following: Unfinished Vs Pre-finished Hardwood Flooring.
Another great advantage of solid wood flooring is that it can be sanded down and refinished several times. So, if after a number of years your floor is starting to look dull and worn, you can sand the surface layer and re-finish with either oil or lacquer to revive and refresh your Oak. This can be done a number of times, when needed, extending its life expectancy even further.
How do I install and maintain solid Oak flooring?
Any type of solid wood flooring is strong but not dimensionally stable, so the planks must be fixed into position during installation to avoid unwanted damage. You have the choice of either secret nailing, secret screwing or gluing down using flexible flooring adhesive.
For further information about installing your solid hardwood floor please have a look at our Installation and Fitting Guide.
Do you sell matching flooring accessories?
Yes, we stock a range of solid oak wood profiles that will help you to complete the look of your room. We have everything you will need to cover up expansion gaps and hide spaces left in doorways. Within the range we have, pipe covers, beading, door stops, thresholds and ramps. We also stock a full range of installation equipment and cleaning products.
Are there any alternatives available?
The links below give a few different options of some of our other types of solid wood flooring:
Further help and advice
For further advice and guidance on any of our solid or engineered floors, accessories, or flooring products, please contact our technical sales team or pop into our showroom, where we will be more than happy to help.
- 130mm UV Lacquered Solid Rustic Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £50.79m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 130mm Brushed & UV Oiled Solid Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £53.15m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 203mm Handscraped & Lacquered Finger Joint Java Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.786m²From £55.50m² Inc. VAT2200 mm203 mm18 mm1.79 ㎡
- 203mm Handscraped & Lacquered Finger Joint Nutmeg Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.786m²From £55.50m² Inc. VAT2200 mm203 mm18 mm1.79 ㎡
- 130mm Lacquered Solid Distressed Golden Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £55.71m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 125mm Lacquered Antique Square Peg Solid Oak Wood Flooring 2.20m²From £65.70m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm18 mm2.20 ㎡
- 125mm Lacquered Antique Solid Oak Wood Flooring 2.20m²From £66.72m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm18 mm2.20 ㎡
- 150mm Matt Lacquered Natural Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £68.76m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡
- 150mm Natural Brushed & UV Oiled Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £69.78m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡
- 150mm Lacquered Wheat Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £69.78m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡