14mm Engineered Wood Flooring
14mm engineered wood flooring consists of a layer of real wood on the top and then base layers underneath made from various strengths of different woods. The top layer of solid wood, or wear layer as it is sometimes known, can vary in thickness from 2.5mm to 4mm. This is the species and finish of wood that you will choose for you flooring and it will determine the colour, style, grain pattern and surface finish. This top layer of real wood is the only part of the flooring that you will see once it has been installed. The base layers are there to give the flooring stability, strength and durability.
The total thickness of the plank of flooring will be 14mm. As already mentioned, this in made from a wear layer of solid wood and multiple base layers. For example, if your 14mm flooring has a wear layer of 4mm, then the remaining 10mm is made up from the base layers which provide the additional strength in the plank of flooring.
When choosing 14mm thickness engineered flooring you have a choice of either the traditional tongue and grove fitting or the more modern click fitting system. There are also different board widths and lengths to choose from which should help you to find something to meet your requirements.
Why should I choose 14mm thick engineered flooring?
14mm engineered hardwood flooring is a fantastic choice as it offers the elegance and beauty of a natural floor covering, which can last a lifetime of looked after correctly, and it can be found at a cost effective price. It is a durable and robust flooring option that can be sanded down and refinished a number of times if necessary.
You have the choice of a range of species of hardwood for the wear layer of the flooring, including: Oak, Walnut and Blacknut, and also a choice of different finishes which define how the surface of the flooring will look. You also have the added benefit of choosing between the traditional tongue and groove fitting profile, or the more modern click fitting system, which makes installation quicker and easier. The click fitting system is only available on flooring with a thickness of 15mm or less as thicker and heavier boards require adhesive to secure the boards together.
14mm engineered hardwood flooring is perfect if you have, or want to install underfloor heating as the planks of flooring are still thin enough to allow the correct transfer of heat through from the heating system.
How do I maintain 14mm engineered hardwood flooring?
Looking after your 14mm engineered hardwood flooring could not be easier. Follow a simple cleaning routine of sweeping on a daily basis followed by a weekly clean with a wooden floor cleaning spray. Have a look at our fantastic range of cleaning products which have been specially designed for hardwood floors.
If you are interested in keeping you floor dent and scratch free then read our Wood Floor Care and Maintenance Guide.
Are there any alternatives available?
Yes, we have a wide range of engineered wood flooring with varying thicknesses.
Here are some links to other thicknesses of engineered wood flooring:
Further help and advice
If you would like to see samples of any of the styles or thicknesses of flooring, you have been looking at then visit our sample page to order your free samples today. For any further technical advice or help about our floors, flooring products or installation methods then either contact us or pop into our showroom where we will be happy to help.
Items 1-12 of 55
- 150mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Natural Charnwood Oak Click Wood Flooring 1.08m²£36.98m² £30.82 £34.98m² £29.15Inc. VATRandom150 mm14 mm1.08 ㎡
- 207mm Engineered Matt Lacquered Three Strip Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 3.18m²From £38.16m² Inc. VAT2200 mm207 mm14 mm3.18 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Natural Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²£41.99m² £34.99 £39.99m² £33.32Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Smoked Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²£42.60m² £35.50 £40.67m² £33.89Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Dark Smoked Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²From £41.99m² Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 125mm Engineered Matt Lacquered Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 2.2m²From £47.34m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm14 mm2.20 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Unfinished Oak Wood Flooring 2.166m²From £47.94m² Inc. VAT1900 mm190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 150mm Engineered Matt Lacquered Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 2.64m²From £48.36m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm14 mm2.64 ㎡
- 125mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.2mFrom £48.36m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm14 mm2.20 ㎡
- 180mm Matt Lacquered Engineered Knotty Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.77m²From £49.38m² Inc. VAT2200 mm180 mm14 mm2.77 ㎡
- 180mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Natural Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.77m²From £49.38m² Inc. VAT2200 mm180 mm14 mm2.77 ㎡
- 150mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.64m²From £49.38m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm14 mm2.64 ㎡
Items 1-12 of 55