Solid wood flooring is 100% natural wood. Machined, cut and sanded, solid wood comes in a range of sizes. Colours range from light oak to contrasting dark walnut. Our solid hardwood options offer an elegant, luxurious appearance and will add character to any room within the home. We have a choice of finishes available including lacquered, brushed and oiled, oiled and unfinished flooring available in variety of widths and thicknesses. Prefinished solid wood flooring already has protective layers of lacquer or oil added to the surface during the manufacturing process. Once installation is complete the flooring is ready to walk on within a few hours. Alternatively, unfinished solid wood flooring requires finishing with an oil or lacquer once installed. Choosing an unfinished floor allows you to create a truly unique floor by selecting your own colour stain and finish.
Why Solid Wood?
Solid wood is popular because of its luxurious, timeless appeal. The benefit of be sanding and re-finishing gives the flooring a long life expectancy compared to a laminate floor which can't be sanded. Varied wood species are available giving you different colours, wood grains and textures. Different lengths and widths will also help you find something to suit your surroundings whether the room is small or large.
How do I install and maintain my solid wood floor?
All of our solid wood floors have the traditional tongue and groove profile. Wood flooring adhesive, nails or screws are used when installing the planks. Solid wood planks are extremely strong but are not very stable so they need to be fixed into position. This helps prevent possible damage caused by contraction/expansion of the boards. When installing the floor it is important to leave the correct expansion gap around the perimeter of the room.
For further information on expansion gaps, have a look at What is an expansion gap? For more installation tips, please read our Installation Fitting Guide or contact us if you would prefer to speak to someone directly.
Solid wood has a long life expectancy and can last for decades if cared for correctly. Simple things like regular sweeping and cleaning can help prevent any unwanted scratches or dents on the floor's surface. Remove outdoor footwear and avoid dropping/dragging any heavy or sharp objects across the floor's surface. If you would like to know more about caring for and maintaining your solid hardwood floor, please see our Maintenance and Care Guide.
Do you sell matching accessories?
We stock a full range of Flooring Accessories. This includes flooring profiles such as door bars, pipe covers, beading and stair nosings to add the finishing touches to your floor. We also stock a range of underlay, cleaning products and fitting equipment. Are there any alternatives available? Our complete range of flooring includes engineered wood flooring, engineered parquet block, laminate and vinyl. All of these floors can be seen on our website and free samples are available to request.
The links below will help you find our most popular types of solid wood flooring:
Further help and advice
For further information see our Wood Flooring Guide. Here you will find more in depth details on the structure, profile and finishes of our flooring. Visit our Guide to Solid Wood Flooring to answer any questions you may have about solid hardwood floors. For any further advice and guidance please contact our sales office or pop into our showroom where we will be happy to help.
- 130mm UV Lacquered Solid Rustic Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £50.79m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 130mm Brushed & UV Oiled Solid Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £53.15m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 203mm Handscraped & Lacquered Finger Joint Java Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.786m²From £55.50m² Inc. VAT2200 mm203 mm18 mm1.79 ㎡
- 203mm Handscraped & Lacquered Finger Joint Nutmeg Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.786m²From £55.50m² Inc. VAT2200 mm203 mm18 mm1.79 ㎡
- 130mm Lacquered Solid Distressed Golden Oak 18mm Wood Flooring 2.184m²From £55.71m² Inc. VATRandom130 mm18 mm2.18 ㎡
- 125mm Lacquered Antique Square Peg Solid Oak Wood Flooring 2.20m²From £65.70m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm18 mm2.20 ㎡
- 150mm Lacquered Antique Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £66.72m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡
- 125mm Lacquered Antique Solid Oak Wood Flooring 2.20m²From £66.72m² Inc. VATRandom125 mm18 mm2.20 ㎡
- 150mm Matt Lacquered Natural Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £68.76m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡
- 150mm Natural Brushed & UV Oiled Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £69.78m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡
- 150mm Lacquered Wheat Solid Oak Wood Flooring 1.98m²From £69.78m² Inc. VATRandom150 mm18 mm1.98 ㎡