Engineered Wood Flooring is constructed from layers of timber glued together and finished with a top layer of hardwood. The top layer of wood can be sanded back and refinished a number of times. The engineered construction adds dimensional stability and strength, allowing the manufacture of longer and wider planks.
Why engineered wood?
Using engineered wood flooring overcomes issues when installing in areas such as kitchens, conservatories or spaces with high amounts of temperature and humidity changes. The plywood base makes the product much more stable than solid wood flooring and gives you far more flexibility. Engineered wood floors are underfloor heating compatible and when installed, engineered and solid wood look almost identical. Pre-finished and unfinished floor options give you great flexibility. Unfinished wood allows you to create bespoke colours and finishes but requires further protection from a lacquer or oil. Pre-finished options,however, are ready to use once installed.
How do I install my engineered wood floor?
Before fitting any engineered wood you must allow 3-5 days for the floor to acclimatise. Preparation of the subfloor is paramount and all subfloors should be free of indulations prior to installation. Following this rule will make the installation process much easier and increase the life of the product. Tongue & groove or click fitting methods are available. Installation methods include floating over underlay or gluing direct to the subfloor using flexible adhesive.
For further information about installing your hardwood floor please see our Installation Fitting Guide, or contact us for if you would like any professional or technical help.
Do you sell matching accessories?
To finish the look of your room, cover any expansion gaps, pipe holes or gaps in doorways you may want to have a look at our hardwood flooring accessories which include a full range of mouldings to match or complement your choice in flooring.
Are there any alternatives available?
The links below will help you find our most popular types of engineered wood flooring:
Want to know more about engineered wood flooring?
Our Wood Flooring Guide may be of use to you as it covers the structure, fitting profile and finishes of the different types of flooring that we stock. For further advice and guidance on any of our floors, accessories or flooring products, please contact our sales office.
Items 1-12 of 165
- 150mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Natural Charnwood Oak Click Wood Flooring 1.08m²£36.98m² £30.82 £34.98m² £29.15Inc. VATRandom150 mm14 mm1.08 ㎡
- 207mm Engineered Matt Lacquered Three Strip Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 3.18m²From £38.16m² Inc. VAT2200 mm207 mm14 mm3.18 ㎡
- 3-Strip Lacquered Engineered Rustic Oak Click Wood Flooring 1.92m²From £38.70m² Inc. VAT2200 mm200 mm13 mm1.92 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Natural Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²£41.99m² £34.99 £39.99m² £33.32Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Smoked Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²£42.60m² £35.50 £40.67m² £33.89Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Dark Smoked Charnwood Oak Flooring 2.166m²From £41.99m² Inc. VATRandom190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 90mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Natural Charnwood Oak Parquet Block Wood Flooring 1.07m²£44.40m² £37.00 £42.20m² £35.17Inc. VAT360 mm90 mm15 mm1.07 ㎡
- 70mm Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Natural Charnwood Oak Parquet Block Wood Flooring 0.86m²£44.99m² £37.49 £42.99m² £35.82Inc. VAT280 mm70 mm15 mm0.86 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Washed Pebble Grey Brushed & Oiled Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.075m²From £43.19m² Inc. VAT1820 mm190 mm125 mm2.08 ㎡
- 120mm Herringbone Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Natural Charnwood Oak Parquet Wood Flooring 0.864m²£45.50m² £37.92 £43.50m² £36.25Inc. VAT600 mm120 mm15 mm0.86 ㎡
- 70mm Herringbone Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Smoked Charnwood Oak Parquet Wood Flooring 0.86m²£45.98m² £38.32 £43.99m² £36.66Inc. VAT280 mm70 mm15 mm0.86 ㎡
- 70mm Herringbone Engineered Brushed & UV Oiled Dark Smoked Charnwood Oak Parquet Wood Flooring 0.86mFrom £44.78m² Inc. VAT280 mm70 mm15 mm0.86 ㎡
Items 1-12 of 165