Engineered Wood Flooring is constructed from layers of timber glued together and finished with a top layer of hardwood. The top layer of wood can be sanded back and refinished a number of times. The engineered construction adds dimensional stability and strength, allowing the manufacture of longer and wider planks.
Why engineered wood?
Using engineered wood flooring overcomes issues when installing in areas such as kitchens, conservatories or spaces with high amounts of temperature and humidity changes. The plywood base makes the product much more stable than solid wood flooring and gives you far more flexibility. Engineered wood floors are underfloor heating compatible and when installed, engineered and solid wood look almost identical. Pre-finished and unfinished floor options give you great flexibility. Unfinished wood allows you to create bespoke colours and finishes but requires further protection from a lacquer or oil. Pre-finished options,however, are ready to use once installed.
How do I install my engineered wood floor?
Before fitting any engineered wood you must allow 3-5 days for the floor to acclimatise. Preparation of the subfloor is paramount and all subfloors should be free of indulations prior to installation. Following this rule will make the installation process much easier and increase the life of the product. Tongue & groove or click fitting methods are available. Installation methods include floating over underlay or gluing direct to the subfloor using flexible adhesive.
For further information about installing your hardwood floor please see our Installation Fitting Guide, or contact us for if you would like any professional or technical help.
Do you sell matching accessories?
To finish the look of your room, cover any expansion gaps, pipe holes or gaps in doorways you may want to have a look at our hardwood flooring accessories which include a full range of mouldings to match or complement your choice in flooring.
Are there any alternatives available?
The links below will help you find our most popular types of engineered wood flooring:
Want to know more about engineered wood flooring?
Our Wood Flooring Guide may be of use to you as it covers the structure, fitting profile and finishes of the different types of flooring that we stock. For further advice and guidance on any of our floors, accessories or flooring products, please contact our sales office.
Items 37-48 of 165
- 180mm Matt Lacquered Engineered Granite Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.77m²From £50.40m² Inc. VAT2200 mm180 mm14 mm2.77 ㎡
- 150mm Engineered Rustic Brushed & UV Oiled Oak Wood Flooring 2.28m²From £51.42m² Inc. VAT1900 mm150 mm14 mm2.28 ㎡
- 150mm Engineered Rustic Lacquered Oak Wood Flooring 2.28m²From £51.42m² Inc. VAT1900 mm150 mm14 mm2.28 ㎡
- 150mm Engineered Rustic UV Oiled Oak Wood Flooring 2.28m²From £51.42m² Inc. VAT1900 mm150 mm14 mm2.28 ㎡
- 180mm Brushed & Oiled Engineered Oyster Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.77m²From £51.42m² Inc. VAT2200 mm180 mm14 mm2.77 ㎡
- 150mm Brushed & Lacquered Engineered Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 1.71m²From £53.10m² Inc. VAT1900 mm150 mm15 mm1.71 ㎡
- 150mm Brushed & UV Oiled Engineered Rustic Oak Wood Flooring 1.71m²From £53.10m² Inc. VAT1900 mm150 mm14 mm1.71 ㎡
- 190mm Brushed, Handscraped & Oiled Engineered Oak Wood Flooring 2.166m²From £53.40m² Inc. VAT1900 mm190 mm14 mm2.17 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Brushed and UV Oiled Distressed Antique Oak Wood Flooring 2.89m²From £53.46m² Inc. VAT1900 mm190 mm14 mm2.89 ㎡
- 190mm Engineered Rustic Brushed and UV Oiled Oak Wood Flooring 2.89m²From £53.46m² Inc. VAT1900 mm190 mm14 mm2.89 ㎡
- 180mm Brushed & Matt Lacquered Engineered Brown Umber Oak Click Wood Flooring 2.77m²From £53.46m² Inc. VAT2200 mm180 mm14 mm2.77 ㎡
Items 37-48 of 165