LVT or Luxury Vinyl Tile, is quite easy to keep clean and look after. The surface often has a stain resistant and scratch proof top layer, making it look clean and fresh for longer. The best way to clean your LVT is by following a simple cleaning routine.
LVT cleaning routine example:
1. Sweep away dust and dirt from the surface of your LVT on a daily basis. Use a soft bristle brush or a vacuum cleaner with a wooden floor attachment. By doing this every day, you will prevent a build up of dirt, which could damage your floor over time. You will also have a dust-free floor!
2. Clean your floor on a weekly basis (can be done more regularly if needed). This will help to freshen up the surface of the LVT and remove any stubborn marks that may have appeared. You should use a cleaning product that is suitable for LVT floors and a microfibre mop. We would recommend using Bona Tile and Laminate Sprat Mop, which is a ready to use, all in one cleaning tool.
3. If you see any spills, then try to wipe them away as soon as possible. LVT is fairly resilient and robust, but its always best to clean up dropped food or drinks straight away. Either use a damp cloth or Quick-Step Clean along with a microfibre cloth.
4. Lastly, there are a few things that you should avoid:
• Never use a steam mop – the steam could penetrate and damage your LVT.
• Do not use any harsh chemicals, bleaches or acidic products.
• If you use a normal mop and bucket, them make sure the mop is wrung out – leaving large amounts of water in your LVT floor could cause water damage or warping.