Having hardwood flooring in your bedroom can be a strange concept to some people, however, we think it is a great choice. It is hygienic, easy to clean and will instantly add character and charm to your bedroom. If you prefer a warmer feel underfoot, you could always add a rug to give you the softness and a burst of colour.
Six reasons to choose hardwood in your bedroom:
1. Firstly, you are choosing a natural floor, which looks elegant and beautiful. The subtle tones of the wood also promote a calm and peaceful environment which is perfect for your bedroom.
2. A wooden floor is often neutral in colour so will complement any colour scheme. You can add pops of colour with your soft furnishings, and easily change the style and colour of your décor without having to change your wooden floor.
3. You will find it really easy to look after. The hard surface means that it is quick to sweep away dust and dirt. Even spills can be wiped away easily. All you need to do is adopt a regular cleaning routine and your floor will stay looking fresh and new for years to come!
5. If you care for your wooden floor correctly it can last a lifetime. See our care and maintenance guide for more details.
6. As already mentioned, you can add a rug if you feel that you are missing the warmth underfoot. This will not only provide the extra comfort you require, but it can also add some colour or patterns to enhance and complement your bedroom décor.