Engineered Oak flooring is a popular choice to homeowners looking for a timeless, classic and beautiful natural floor. Its engineered construction means that it has the same appearance, character, appeal and charm as solid Oak flooring but it is much more durable and hardwearing due to added stability and strength.
The planks of engineered Oak flooring are made by bonding multiple layers of plywood together with a layer of Oak on the top. The base layers are glued at 90 degrees to the grain of the Oak top layer to give the flooring is dimensionally stability. This means that the planks do not expand and contract as much as solid wood flooring planks, making them much more versatile.
Benefits of engineered Oak flooring?
• You are getting a beautiful and timeless floor, that will suit any style of home and any internal décor.
• Engineered Oak flooring can withstand fluctuations in humidity and temperature, meaning that you can use it in areas with underfloor heating, in kitchens, in conservatories and other rooms with large amounts of glazing.
• Engineered Oak planks are quick and easy to install as they do not need to be fixed in position. You can oose lay (float) over a soundproofing or thermal underlay by clicking or gluing the planks into place. Parquet blocks must be glued down.
• If you look after your flooring properly, it can last a lifetime, making it a great investment.
• Engineered Oak flooring is available in a variety of thicknesses and colour stains.
• You will find engineered Oak flooring is much more cost effective than solid Oak flooring.
• There are matching flooring accessories, such as door bars and pipe covers, which will help you to add the finishing touches to your room.