A new year often brings changes in mindset and offers a fresh start for people and a new floor is a great idea! Many people make new years resolutions or change something in their lives for the better. Re-decorating or renovating your home is one of the many things that people choose to do. It can help to bring clarity and calmness to your home, and a fresh start is always a good thing to do in the new year.
The new year can be a great time for a new floor. If you are thinking about re-decorating one of your rooms then you should really consider having a wooden floor. They add charisma, natural beauty and a freshness to your home. There are hundreds of styles to choose from including:
• Parquet block
• Plank style
• Solid or engineered
• Colour stained
• Oiled or lacquered finish
• Brushed for a textured surface
Which new floor should I choose?
Here are some of our favourites.
Top tips for a new floor
- If you want to use underfloor heating, make sure that you opt for engineered hardwood flooring. This is also great for conservatories and rooms where the humidity and temperature can change significantly.
- Remember to sweep and clean your floor. This will help to prevent any damage and also keep your floor looking as good as new. We would recommend the Bona Spray Mop.
- Use felt protector pads in the bottom of all furniture. They will help to protect your flooring from dents and scratches.
- Read our Cleaning and Maintenance Guide for more useful advice and tips.
- It is a good idea to use a doormat at entrance doors, and also ask family and visitors to remove their footwear before walking on your floor.